Thursday, April 22, 2010

Splitting Wood



Our home has a wood fireplace which gets a lot of use during the winter months. Prior to this winter I used to chop and split wood by hand. We had a lot of wood around and I was never in a rush. This past Fall however, we had to have a 140' white oak tree taken down very close to the house.  The tree service left it ~ as per my instructions ~ in large pieces, that I would have to clean up. There was a lot of wood and I knew that it would be foolish to try and split that much wood by hand.

So, a friend of mine came over  on a Saturday morning with his gas powered hydraulic log splitter and we went to work. The quantity of wood we were able to split was amazing. He got a truck load of wood and I got enough wood for a couple of winters...all in a day.

Splitting wood by hand vs a gas powered log splitter - This got me thinking about marketing.

There are companies out there that implement their own marketing plans, some better than others. They're splitting wood by hand.

There are companies that have a gas powered log splitter in house.

There are other companies that split wood by hand on occasion, but bring in the gas powered log splitter for efficiencies and a competitive advantage.

What kind of company are you?

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome post. Just one of the very best post I've ever seen. What a really good and awesome post. Keep up your work on articles Best Log Splitter

    ReplyDelete